Two Indonesian men repatriated last week
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN
THE bodies of two Indonesian nationals who reportedly died just days apart in Brunei were repatriated last week.
The news was posted on the Indonesian embassy’s website at www.kemlu.go.id/bandarseribegawan on Tuesday.
Supriyono reportedly died on May 8 due to an illness.
The 33-year-old man, who worked about eight years as a gardener, had been previously ill and was treated at Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Saleha (RIPAS) Hospital.
When contacted yesterday by The Brunei Times, Endy Ghafur Fadyl, a counsellor at the Indonesian Embassy, said the post-mortem report confirmed that Supriyono died from an upper gastrointestinal haemorrhage (gastrointestinal bleeding).
Endy said the body of Supriyono was returned home to his family on May 11 and was buried in his hometown of Cilacap, Central Java.
The embassy also received information about the death of another Indonesian migrant worker, 37-year-old Supriyanto, on May 10. His body was repatriated to his hometown of Tulungagung, East Java on May 13.
Endy said Supriyanto, who was working at a construction company, died after he was electrocuted while trying to repair a wood cutting machine.
The machine, Endy said, was already switched off, but the cable was still connected to the power outlet.
A colleague tried to save Supriyanto but was thrown aside, he added.
Supriyanto, who was in critical condition, was rushed to RIPAS Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Each employer agreed to bear the cost of repatriation, said Endy.
On its website, the embassy called on Indonesian nationals in the sultanate to remain alert and stay safe from any untoward incidents.
The Brunei Times