Pusat Ehsan receives $1k donation from MoE

National 1 minute, 1 second

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN

THE Ministry of Education (MoE) handed over more than $1,000 to Pusat Ehsan yesterday to help special needs students with their study expenditures.

Held at Pusat Ehsan’s building in Kampong Bengkurong, the proceeds were from the Silver Run- a run held on January 31 in conjunction with the 25th Teachers Day to honour teachers in the sultanate.

Funded through the ministry’s charity fund where Education Ministry officials donated $2 annually, 90 per cent of the proceeds are used to organise various activities and events such as sports events and national day celebrations while the remaining 10 per cent is donated to non-government organisations.

This year, the remaining 10 per cent of the proceeds - $1,058.50 goes to Pusat Ehsan, a non-governmental charity organisation for special needs people.

The cheque was handed over by acting assistant director of Co-Curricular Education Department Roslin Suhailee to Education Trustee of Pusat Ehsan, Dato Paduka Dr Hj Omar Hj Khalid.

There are currently 163 special needs students registered at the Bengkurong branch while another 53 students are enrolled at the Belait branch, according to Pusat Ehsan.

Also in attendance were head of the administrative unit of the Co-Curricular Education Department, Md Sofri Hj Md Said and other education officials from the unit.

The Brunei Times