Police probe alleged abuse of girl who went missing
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN
THE Royal Brunei Police Force (RBPF) is investigating the alleged abuse of a 10-year-old girl who went missing but was found on the same day earlier this week.
A police statement yesterday said the Women and Children Abuse Investigation Unit of the Crime Investigation Department is leading the probe.
Police said the young girl is now safe and that the case will be referred to the Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) for further action.
Police said the child had called her father to fetch her at a commercial building on October 28, the day she went missing.
She was found at about 8pm after she had been reported missing for hours. She was reportedly seen at about 2.40pm at The Mall Cineplex.
The girl’s father had filed a police report at the Sengkurong Police Station to declare that she had been found.
Police said it was disappointing that rumours had been circulating, which can cause confusion to the public and law enforcers.
The RBPF also extended its appreciation to members of the public in providing information to assist in protecting the child’s safety.
The Brunei Times