Operators urged to register Haj pilgrims’ details early
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN
BRUNEI Haj operators were advised to register pilgrims’ details early with Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Haj via its e-hajj online system.
In a press statement yesterday, the Haj Affairs Department said the Saudi ministry requires all Haj matters to be settled on time, including registering the names of intending pilgrims and making payments.
Payments for Haj packages start today until May 19, 2015, it added.
An officer at the Haj Affairs Department, who did not want to be named, said registration and payments must be made through the e-hajj system.
“They have to complete the application and make payments with their respective agency so that we can put their names on the Haj list,” he said in an interview.
Applicants who have been selected and made payments would then be issued visas by Saudi’s Ministry of Haj.
Intending pilgrims who failed to make payments within the stated period will not be listed in the Haj list, and this may cause delays in their application process.
It was repoted last month that the Haj quota for Brunei would remain at 400 this year.
The cap on number of Haj pilgrims was reduced from more than 1,000 to 400 in the last five years following the ongoing upgrading of the Two Holy Mosques - Masjidil Haram in Mekah and Masjid Nabawi in Madinah.
Intending Haj pilgrims can contact the selected Haj operators for more information on the online registration and payments.
The Brunei Times