NBT: No order from authorities to take down festive display

National 1 minute, 9 seconds

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN

NBT (Brunei) Sdn Bhd has quashed rumours that it had been ordered to take down its 2013 year-end season’s greetings giant display at the Toyota showroom in Gadong.

The rumours had been making its rounds since Friday night, two days after the display was launched and lighted up.

A spokesperson from NBT, when contacted by The Brunei Times, said the rumours were unfounded, as the display was still in place as of press time.

“We do not know where this rumour came from. If it was true, we would have taken the display down,” he said.

NBT’s festive displays were popular among members of the public. In addition to its end of year season’s greetings display, NBT also puts up decorations for Hari Raya and Chinese New Year celebrations.

NBT’s team of Santa Clauses would be on hand to give out chocolates to children.

They will be on duty every night from 8pm to 9.30pm.

On the last two nights of the Santas’ appearance on December 24 and 25, they will be available for a longer period to give visitors more time to take photos with them, NBT said in a statement issued on Wednesday.

The public, particularly motorists, were advised to be extra careful when driving through the display and parking around the site of the decorations as large crowds were expected.

The Brunei Times